Applies to: ConnectWise Merchants using ConnectWise Sell, ConnectWise (Legacy) Customer Portal, or QuoteWerks.
As a Merchant Administrator, you can integrate your Wise-Pay account with ConnectWise Sell, ConnectWise Portal, and Quoterks as a proxy to be able to take payments via Wise-Pay virtual terminal.
How does it work?
The Wise-Pay proxy using the Authorize.Net framework to transact payment information securely from these applications to your preferred Payment Provider. Once this integration is complete, you can directly take payments via Wise-Pay Virtual Terminal using the payer's credit card information. This gives Wise-Pay merchants the flexibility of receiving payments even when an invoice has not been issued to the payer. The payments will be validated against the balances in your accounting system.
For more information on the virtual terminal, see How to Use Virtual Terminal to Make Payments.
How do I get there?
To configure your Wise-Pay Proxy, click Configure from the top menu and select Merchants.
What do I do?
This integration is a two-step process:
- Generate proxy connection details from Wise-Pay interface
- Configure third-party application with proxy details
Generate Wise-Pay Proxy from Wise-Pay
The first step is to generate proxy details from Wise-Pay. Here's how to do it:
- From the Account Merchant Details page click the Proxy tab to generate proxy information.
- Select the third-party application being configured from the Proxy Type drop-down.
- Select the Wise-Pay merchant user from the Proxy User drop-down, this will be the user that will be linked to the proxy access.
- Click Generate.
Wise-Pay generates the payment proxy information with Display and Delete options
- Click Display to view the record in the Payment Proxy Details popup. The following fields are displayed:
This key used to link the payment to your account.
The URL that the third-party application will use to submit test transactions when Live Mode is disabled
|Live URL||The URL that the third-party application will use to submit live transactions when the Live mode is enabled.|
|Recurring Test URL|
The URL that the third-party application will use to submit Recurring Payment Information when Live Mode is disabled.
|Recurring Live UR||The URL that the third-party application will use to submit Recurring Payment Information when Live Mode is enabled|
Warning: Deleting and Disabling Wise-Sync User
You are currently unable to delete Wise-Sync users who are allocated to a merchant proxy configuration. If you wish to remove or disable a Wise-Sync user, you can do this by navigating to 'Users', click on the relevant username, then clicking on the 'Disable Account' button at the bottom of the screen.
In the instance where a Wise-Sync user has been disabled and this user is also assigned to a Wise-Pay Proxy, the Wise-Pay Proxy will be made inactive. This means, your customers will be unable to use that proxy. If a new Proxy needs to be configured use the steps above.
Configure third-party application with proxy details
Once you have generated the proxy details, the second step is to configure the third-party application with proxy details.
Using the new ConnectWise Customer Portal?
These steps detail how to configure the old ConnectWise (Legacy) Customer Portal. For steps on how to configure the new ConnectWise Customer Portal, see Wise-Pay Integration - ConnectWise Customer Portal.
You need to copy the proxy details and paste them into ConnectWise Manage. Here's how to do it:
- Log into ConnectWise Manage
- Click System
- Click Setup Tables
- Search for Portal Configuration
- Edit Portal Configuration
- Click on the Invoices Tab
- Select Yes to enable online payments if it is presently disabled
- Select Authorize.Net from the Payment Processor
- Enter the Transaction Key into both API Login and Transaction Key
- Enter the Live URL into the URL
- Test Transactions - ConnectWise Manage will simply test that the connectivity to the Wise-Pay processor is active, no test transactions are processed.
- Click Save
Configure ConnectWise Sell Interface with Proxy Details
You need to copy the proxy details and paste them into ConnectWise Sell. Here's how to do it;
- In Sell, navigate to Settings > Document Branding > Order Porter Setup > Other Payments.
- Select Authorize.Net in the Payment Processing drop-down.
- Select Use Authorize.net.
- Click Save.
- Enter the information generated in Wise-Pay to ConnectWise Sell:
Enter the Transaction Key into both API Login and Transaction Key
Enter the Test URL into Onetime Test URL
Enter the Live URL into Onetime Live URL
Enter the Recurring Test URL into the Recurring Test URL
Enter the Recurring Live URL into the Recurring Live URL
Select Live Mode to enable processing of transactions from Connectwise Sell.
- Click Save.
- Click Test Transaction to test the integration.
- Enter a Card Number and Expiration Date and click Test.
Visa - 4111111111111111
Mastercard - 5555555555554444
AMEX - 371449635398431
- Click Test. You will get one of the responses described in the following table:
- Click Save to save the configuration.
Note: Connectwise Sell may still report that changes made are unsaved when you proceed to the next step. Rest assured the settings are saved.
To complete the process, you need to upload the payment settings changes to ConnectWise Server. Here's how to do it:
- Navigate to Settings > Document Branding > Order Porter Setup > Upload Metadata.
- Select the Online Payment Settings checkbox. Click Submit.