The following instructions expect that you have a working knowlege of HTML, and know where in your HTML email template you would need to insert the HTML Block. If you do not know HTML, then consider asking someone to help you, or refer to basic online instructions such as the W3Schools, or the ConnectWise University.
How do I get there?
To configure Payment Services, click Configure from the top menu and select Merchants.
What do I do?
Select the Email Links tab at the top of the Configuration Page. You will need to repeat (copy) the configuration setup for each payment type.
Here's how to do it:
- Click on Configure then select Merchants
- Click on the Email Links tab
- Enter the text that you would like to use on the button face. Default is Pay Now!
- Check this option if you would like the button to have Rounded Corners, ooh la la. Please note that this option is not consistent across all mail clients.
- Click Generate to generate a HTML Email Button block
- Select all Text in the HTML cell. Ensure that you capture all text from <table> to </table>
- Click Save
- Access the ConnectWise Setup Table for your Invoice Template (you may have more than one).
- Edit your ConnectWise Invoice Template
Tip: Enter xxxx in the position where you would like to place your button.
- Click on the Source button in the WYSIWYG editor
- Find (CTRL + F) your text "xxxx" entered into the viewer.
- Paste the HTML block of text in the position of the xxxx text entered.
Tip: You can change the button text to read what ever you feel is appropriate for the type of invoice being sent. You do not need to generate a new button to change this text, as it is merely a lable for the hyperlink that sits below.
- Click Source button to return to the view.
- Click on the Save Button in the ConnectWise Menu.
Outlook will look terrible - But you knew that already
Outlook.com (Hotmail / O365)